Position Title: Part-Time Circulation Assistant
To present a positive image of the library by delivering friendly, courteous and efficient service to our patrons.
- Maintains a high degree of customer service at all times
- Handles all activities associated with the circulation of materials including, but not limited to, checking material out, checking material in, and shelving library material
- Assists patrons in finding and locating library material
- Instructs patrons on the use of their library account, Michigan eLibrary, and digital collection
- Promotes library events and programs to patrons
- Assists patrons in the use of library equipment including public access computers and wireless internet
- Maintains the general appearance of areas in and around the Circulation Desk, including but not limited to New Books area, Reading Room, and informational display areas
- Issues library cards
- Answers the telephone
- Answers reference questions
- Provides Readers’ Advisory service to patrons
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma
- Customer service experience
- Friendly, outgoing attitude and an ability to handle various customer service interactions
- Strong knowledge of computers and various software applications
- Familiarity with the Dewey Decimal System and general library arrangement
- Attendance at continuing education workshops or seminars as deemed necessary
Salary Range: $9.75 per hour
An application may be picked up at the circulation desk or online at www.bsclibrary.org, and should be returned to the circulation desk. This position will remain open until filled. Berrien Springs Community Library is an equal opportunity employer.
This job description is meant to be a general guide to the duties and responsibilities of the job and is not intended to list every possible task an employee may be called upon to perform.