Village of Berrien Springs :
Settlers came to Berrien Springs in 1829, to a site first called Wolf's Prairie. The village was platted in 1831, and named for John M. Berrien, attorney general under President Andrew Jackson, and for the many springs in the area.
Berrien Springs is the former county seat of Berrien County and is home to the oldest courthouse in the State of Michigan dating back to 1834. The village is also home to Andrews University, a religious college maintained by the Seventh Day Adventist Church.
Covers a land area of 0.904 square miles and elevation is 671 feet.
Population : 1,861 (2005)
Local newspaper is the Journal Era -- 269.471.5421
Andrews University : www.andrews.edu
Berrien Springs Chamber of Commerce : www.bsechamber.org
Oronoko Charter Township :
Covers a land area of of 32,537 square miles.
Population : 9,757 (2005)